Saturday, October 15, 2011

Earth Day Cleanup

My Christian discipline is to wake up each morning, ask God what can I do for him today then go for a cup of coffee to sip on while reading my bible each morning.  The discipline is not at all discipline to me...because I love and look forward to my alone time with God each morning...my discipline is to NOT turn on the TV or Radio or even the laptop before I spend my time with Him.

So a while back, one morning not knowing it was "Earth Day" I was lead to the book of Hosea.  Now, I normally do not turn to this book as often as the others, but that particular morning the words leaped off the pages!

Hosea 3:1-3 speaks of  "there is no faithfulness, no kindness, no knowledge of God in your land...You swear and lie and kill and steal and commit adultery.  There is violence everywhere with one murder after another....THAT is why your land is not producing, it is filled with sadness and all living things grow sick and die, the animals, the birds, and even the fish begin to disappear."

Hosea speaks of "Plant the good seeds with righteousness and you will reap a crop of my love; plow the hard ground of your hearts, for now is the time to seek the Lord, that he may come and shower salvation upon you."

There it is.  No matter how much we play up "Earth Day" but really do not recognize the real "clean up" within our lives and civilization that needs to be done, we are spinning our wheels!!  We need to stop focusing on Earth and start focusing more on the CREATOR!       
                         (( hugs and blessings ))