Thursday, February 23, 2012

Quick Read 2 Humbleness

I once did a bible study on the book by Kay Warren "DANGEROUS SURRENDER" and upon reading (on page 22) I was stopped in my tracks by the statistics in one simple paragraph.  I immediate felt so humble to be blessed by God in living here in the United States.  I want to share it with you.

"If you have food in your refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead, and a place to sleep, YOU ARE RICHER THAN 75% of the PEOPLE IN THE WORLD!  If you have any money in the bank and some in your wallet and some spare change in a dish somewhere, YOU ARE AMOUNG THE TOP 8% of the WORLD'S WEALTHY; 92% have less to live on than you do!  If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation, YOU ARE AHEAD OF 500 MILLION PEOPE in the world.  If you can attend worship services at church without the fear of harassment, arrest, torture, or death, YOU ARE MORE BLESSED THAN 3 BILLION PEOPLE in the world."

If the above words have become more than "words" to you and you now feel "humble and blessed" then your thought process of "what you don't have" just was changed.  AND if the words did not move you....YOU MIGHT JUST WANT TO CHECK YOUR PULSE!!!!!

My prayer: "Dear Heavenly Father, thank you so very much by blessing me with living here in America.  Forgive me for all the times I thought that I was sacrificing by doing without to help someone else, when maybe I have never really known what true sacrificing is.  My struggles seem so meaningless against the real lives of others in other countries.  Most of all, may I feel humble each time I enter the doors of the church, testify openly with another, or sing songs of praise to you....remind me of those who must hide their faith or risk their lives just to serve you.  Lord I am humbled by your Grace in my life."

                                                                    ((Hugs until next time))