Saturday, June 2, 2007

Bruised Beginning.

Hello beautiful yet bruised ladies. Aren't we all bruised. Isn't that just part of living life. We learn from our bruises. Some bruises a little deeper than others. But on the most part, on a daily process of life, we forget about the bruises until we "bump" that area again and go "ouch!" That was how it was with my decision to go out of town for a couple of days. I had such a range of emotions from excitement because NO MAN had ever wanted to just whisk me away without me having to pay and empathy that my brother was ill. Even with his blessings, I felt guilty. I went. It was so many experiences wrapped into only a few days. He worked for the airlines so we were able to ride first class, something I had only done one other time and not by choice$$$$. He had a limo to pick us up from the airport once we arrived. Oh, I guess you might want to know where we arrived to. Well I will give you some hints. You do a lot of walking in the day or night time, there are so many variations of society and nationality, it is very noisy, you do not find many clocks to check the time, you can find all variations of foods at all hours of the day and night and mostly it is know for all the brilliant lights that light up the sky once the sun goes down. Las Vegas. Once there we checked in. I do not think my mouth could stay close. I was so amazed at all the surrounds around me. I remember him turning to me and saying "I could watch you all day just for entertainment. You are like a young child in amazement with big bright eyes and smiles of awe." I guess I was. The first time I sat down at a slot machine I was amazed how I could put in 1 quarter and win $200.00 on the first pull! Well, I was hooked from beginners luck. I was disappointed that if I had just put in 3 quarters I would have had $600.00!! There are a lot of stories of beginners luck in Vegas I think that is how they hook ya! I did not know what I was doing, but it was fun. I would later go back numerous times to Vegas, Reno, Lake Tahoe. Even one time I walked away from a machine because I thought I had broke it when all the lights went crazy and started making noises, I was so embarrassed (I thought I had tilted it like a pinball machine) that I immediately walked away. Only to find out that it had hit a jackpot worth thousands and the person who saw me get up jump in my seat to claim the winnings. Which I suppose that maybe it happen that way because they needed the money more than I. Sorry that I have drifted from my story. The nighttime was so enchanting walking along the bright lights. And the man I was with was so romantic. I truly felt like Cinderella who had finally met her Fella. It was on the evening of our last night that at 11:00pm he looked at me and said "let's get married!" In that instant my response was about to ultimately tip my world upside down. We made it to the courthouse by 11:30pm (that was the days when the courthouse stayed open all night) and off we went to the Little White Chapel. We were married a few minutes to midnight on February 14 th in the back seat of a limo at a the DRIVE THU Window of the Little White Chapel. It was the craziest thing I had ever done, and I had done a lot of crazy things. This one just happen to not be on my list to do. We flew out the next day and I found that in a moment up in the air it hit me, A BRITNEY SPEARS MOMENT, "what had I done?" "how am I going to explain this to my family? my child?" My child would be the easier of all, she was still small enough to not understand and she did already have a good relationship with him. Her father was already stepping slowly out of the picture of her life. I was now truly Cinderella who married her Fella. In fact my staff at work nicknamed me Cinderella and even purchased me a glass slipper to sit on my desk. Once home I think I did not tell my family for a week and finally my new husband said it was time. Oh ladies, I began feeling that feeling when I stopped my walk going down the isle to my first husband and now here I am having to confront my family with the news that I just got married in Vegas. (This is one of the only times in life that I could really relate to Britney Spears.) And I was right about my fears. My father was not happy. My brother was, my mother was because she knew that I was growing so tired of having to always be the "provider and leader" of a household, but my father was not. And so, it began. Ladies I can honestly say that I never regretted getting married. I regretted having it not blessed by God. I regretted all the horrible things that were to soon come with my father for that decision, but the marriage I did not regret. But for my choice, I had to accept the discipline from my Father. His rage towards my brothers illness now had a focus for ME. And so, it began.