Women of all types of faith who need encouragement from each other. All women have life journeys...and each journey has mountains and valleys. It is by sharing these journeys that women really do help each other. God's in control and we just muddy up things from time to time! He must have really gotten a few laughs and tears about some of my journeys---but through it all, He has never left me.
Wednesday, July 4, 2007
It's Been a month?
WOW, I cannot believe that it has been over a month since I have posted on this blog!! Well, with summer here and my kiddo home, I have been busy with my focus on her and family.
Today, being July 4th, I want to just say that I hope each of you take the time to really ponder on "being free." Living in the US we are all "free" and with so many liberties. But do you know that "being free" and "being freed" are such a vast difference.
Think about it. Being free we tend to forget about our privileges. BUT being "freed" as Christians is such an accountable statement. We are held accountable for our Christian actions. We are to set "Christ like" examples. Although none of us can ever be without sin nor perfect. We are to ask forgiveness for our sins. And because of Christ's death, are sins are washed clean!
I saw a movie today. It was about how each of us should do one Act of Random Kindness each day. Even if it is feeding or giving water to a stray dog or cat. WOW!! I know that there is a commercial on TV that stirs the emotions of "paying forward" actions of kindness. That is how we should ALL live, Christians and NON Christians.
I have found that even if we have forms of disabilities, we can still in even small ways help others. A card, letter or email to someone, letting them know that you took the time out to let them know you were thinking of them.
So, HAPPY 4th of July, be happy that God gave you the privilege to live here in the U.S.A. and to also be "freed" from your sins when asking for forgiveness. Forgiven by the blood that covered those three old rusty nails that held our Sweet Jesus to that cross.