Women of all types of faith who need encouragement from each other. All women have life journeys...and each journey has mountains and valleys. It is by sharing these journeys that women really do help each other. God's in control and we just muddy up things from time to time! He must have really gotten a few laughs and tears about some of my journeys---but through it all, He has never left me.
Monday, September 10, 2012
Swing the door wide open
As I was in my quiet time this past Sunday morning, my mind was filled with "swing the door wide open." ??? At the time I thought, ok, not quite sure as to what the meaning of this thought was or if I was to post it as my facebook status. Later that morning I would find the meaning and understanding of the nudge in my thoughts.
It had been way too long since I had attended my bible fellowship class, and that morning the overwhelming love I felt when I walked in that room was so palpable. There were so many new faces and also of those who had remained faithful to the class for the past 9 years. It is a class full of women from various walks of life who assemble together to share the word of God, our thoughts, fears, blessings and life experiences. No judgemental words, just love for each other and the extending of our hands to walk with each other and share all the wonderful promises of God through the good times and the trials of life.
During the lesson the scripture of Revelations 3:20 was read "Look!! I have been standing at the door and I am constantly knocking. If anyone hears me calling him, and opens the door, I will come in and fellowship with him and he with me." (Living Bible)
I will be the first to admit over the past few years my life has been busy and stressfull and my doorway to Him has not been as open as in the past. When I heard with my ears and read the verse with my eyes you could have picked me up off the floor. I GOT IT...it was confirmation of my earlier message "swing the door wide open!" The Lord had nudge me that morning with the thought so that He could give me affirmation of His word in the class. He wanted my attention, He missed my intimacy with Him as in before. He wanted me to SWING MY DOOR WIDE OPEN so that He could come in and fellowship with me more...He MISSED ME!!!!!
We all get busy, life gets busy, stress comes and goes...but we are human and we from time to time don't allow our door to Him to remain wide open...BUT OH, when we realize how much He persues us wanting to fellowship with Him and have an intimate relationship with Him and that He misses us...what a GIANT HUG from Him, what a feeling of love!!!!!!
So ladies, how is your door to Him? Is it wide open, or is it partially closed or even just "ajar.?" Whatever it is, SWING THAT DOOR WIDE OPEN...and enjoy the favor of His fellowship just waiting, wanting to walk through that door. ((hugs until next time))
