Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Take My Breath Away

As I was reading and in quiet time this morning, I ran across a passage that questioned “when was the last time you witnessed something that “takes your breath away” and in it you saw God. I really hate to admit it, but right in that moment I sincerely could not come up with anything immediately that “takes my breath away.” I thought of things that made me smile, laugh and “oh no!” but I did not have an immediate thought of “take my breath away.” The longer I thought I did come up with many experiences with God’s hand in it and go “wow! That had to only be a God thing.” Then I realized that simple things as stars lighting up the bright sky on a clear night; the birth of nature or human form were also wows, just not charged with “taking my breath away.” Then I thought of looking out over the pasture the other day, the sun shining and from a distance was a beautiful horse running towards the house. Her mane flowing as she ran as hard as she could with her tail straight out and her head held high. This was a beautiful moment. But, I must be honest it did not take my “breath away” it made me stand still and appreciate God’s gift. I have stood at snow covered mountains in Lake Tahoe and Steamboat Co., and embraced the beauty of nature. But take my “breath away” no. Is standing still in amazement the same as taking my breath away? I do know one thing for certain I am in Awe of God and all that He has done and is doing in my life and others. Honestly, does Chili Powder count?? Help me out, am I broken that I am not relating to the “take my breath away” statement? Is my sense of “standing still to take in the moment” my “takes my breath away”? I love to see God’s fingerprints in all things and His creations. I understand that the good Lord did not create anything without a purpose, but Mosquitoes do confuse me in their purpose! Now I am really confused, or either broken! (( hugs until next time ))