Sunday, April 17, 2011

Who's got your back

Growing up I remember hearing it said “I got your back” or “who’s got your back?”
I have read over the scriptures (Eph.6:13-17) many times where it is instructing us to be strong in the Lord by putting on the full armor of God daily. The Strong Belt of Truth, the Breastplate of Rightousness (God’s approval), the Shoes that has prepared us to go out and share the Gospel and Good News to others, the Shield Of Faith, the Helmet of Salvation, and the Sword of the Spirit (which is the Word of God.)
WOW that’s PROTECTION!! But I have never thought of this…What is the protection for our backside, what’s covering our back? Hum…I have you thinking now, huh?
Well, I was so privilege to hear of a conversation told by a mother who’s son was serving in Iraq. She told us how she was speaking to her son on the phone and letting him know that there were many prayers being prayed for his safety while in Iraq. And that he needed to stay firmly planted in his faith and not to be fearful. His response was so profound for such a young man. It went something like this, “Mom, I have on 2 sets of armor; the one issued to me by the military and the one I am to put on daily spiritually. It is the one who has my back that I depend on the most, God.” WOW.
Oh My Goodness! For our spiritual protection we are to put on our Belt, Breastplate, Shoes, Shield, Helmet and Sword. Visualize that if you will. And our backside seems exposed…but oh, the knowledge in God’s Word mentions over and over…if we have faith and believe and remain obedient…He’s got our back!! I just love that visualization.
(( hugs until next time!!))