There are many forms of kindness. So often we forget the simple acts that can make another smile.
Think about it, when a stranger opens a door or says hello at that moment you stop thinking of "you" and begin thinking of that person who is being kind to you in that moment.
The other day I was in Wally World and my cashier seemed to be not having the best day. So I asked her how she was and she gave me a casual answer. I proceeded in a dialog with her with genuine concern. By the time I was ready to complete my transaction she was smiling. Why? I think it was because she felt validated that someone was willing to listen to her. Someone simply showed her an act of kindness. That is when I thought to myself. All day she hears those "casual conversation" of "how ya doing..." but knowing that most people really do not care. Leaving her smiling allowed me to be smiling as I walked out the door and to my car.
"Your own soul is nourished when you are kind...." Proverbs 11:17
"By you watering others, you water yourself." Proverbs 11:25
((hugs until next time))