As I sit here this morning, drinking my coffee, both eyes verily and my body wanted to go back to bed...my soul is so inspired from the night's restlessness.
Awakening at 2:30am, I opened my eyes from dead sleep and it was like a highway of information...all the things I need to get done for the next two weeks and all the plans for the next two months that needed "follow up" calls made on them.
This went on for some time, tossing and turning. I think the last time I had looked at the clock it was 3:45am...that is when I had had enough of trying to clear my mind and go back to sleep. And it was then that a simple song entered my head that went like this "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus..there's just something about that name..." I began to hum it at first, and then all the words came to me.
Here I had wasted so much time trying to solve my issues ONCE AGAIN..and all I really needed was to look to Him. All the missed "beauty sleep" (and honey at my age, I need all I can get!) and I just needed to BE STILL long enough to hear the song given to me. Somewhere between the initial humming and the words coming to mind, I heard the most loving voice just say "it will all be ok."
I remember once reading or hearing, that sometimes in the midst of our problems if we would just say His name over and over..still waters would come within us. And it did for me along with a beautiful melody and His sweet acknowledgement of knowing my distress without me even calling on Him.
So as my body may be saying..."I am sooo tired" my soul is so INSPIRED for the reminder that He is always near...He knows what is going on at all times...and HE is the one in control and we are not to worry!!
So as you go through today and if you find yourself stressing, over the traffic, the phones at the office or the people in the check out lines...Just slowly start hymning His name. A beautiful peace will come over you and you can't help but burst with a smile!!! (( hugs until next time!))