I am normally not bothered by "shallow things" in life. But I must admit, a couple of month’s back it got away with me. One morning just a couple of weeks shy of my 48th birthday I had just finished up with a previous blog and I had glanced over and looked under my picture and it had my age listed as 48. At that time I immediately began thinking. I AM NOT 48, yet!!
Well, I immediately thought that maybe I had put in the wrong age when I signed up and had never really noticed that it was incorrect. But when I looked into it, everything was entered right SO WHY did it have me at 48? I WAS NOT 48, yet!! Why was this bothering me, I have never cared about age, for it is just a number.
It was then that it was as if someone had tapped me on the shoulder to remind me I am but a traveler here on earth. My life here is to allow God to use me; my true life awaits me in heaven.
So, yes then indeed I was not 48, yet...but what did a few more weeks really matter to the number.
May each of you receive gently taps on the shoulder to remind you what really is important in this life here on earth. (( hugs until next time ))