Women of all types of faith who need encouragement from each other. All women have life journeys...and each journey has mountains and valleys. It is by sharing these journeys that women really do help each other. God's in control and we just muddy up things from time to time! He must have really gotten a few laughs and tears about some of my journeys---but through it all, He has never left me.
Friday, March 4, 2011
Brain Freeze
It is 1:15am and I am wide awakening from my sleep. Why? As I just lay here my mind is racing with thoughts. Isn’t it crazy that you can be sleeping away and then you are awaken to just racing thoughts. Why brain, I thought you were resting? My mind seems to be saturated with clusters of things for which I have little or no control over. Yet, I feel compelled to do something, anything.
Take politics. The deceitfulness with both parties has me struggling to respect either, NO, make that ANY of the candidates! The games for which they play to “win” are unbelievable, as I am ignorant in not researching for “truths.” Yet, we are heavy instructed in the Bible to respect our leaders. Maybe not to always agree with them, but to respect their positions.
Then there is more of the Economic Bailouts. YES, I did say “Bailouts” because that is exactly what they are no matter how they try to candy-coat it! And to add salt to the wounds there is no assurance that this Bill passed will even “fix” things. What happen to ACCOUNTABILITY of people’s actions???? And then to even dump more salt on our wounds, most representatives of the people would not even think of passing it until “their hidden needs” were met, such as wooden arrows for the Boy Scouts and NASCAR’s needs. Don’t get me wrong, I love me some NASCAR…but not too happy with them right now trying to take advantage of the people. What’s wrong with our leadership?? And again, what’s wrong with ACCOUNTABILTY to the individuals??
Then let look at people like Oliver Stone who has produced the movie “W” reflecting nothing but mockery of the George W. Bush Administration. He is our leader of this country, what happen to respecting his Position? I nor you may not like many of the things that have happen under his administration…but come on America!!
Don’t even get me started with this movie of a Comedian’s view of Religion and the mockery he makes of the Bible for the sake of laughs. It makes my heart sad for what God must think of us as he looks down at what has become of us.
I understand the “freedom of speech”…but with that should come Accountability, Moral Judgment and Respect of others. I know I cannot change these things…but I can pray for this country and our leaders. YOU can pray for this country and our leaders. They need to be covered in our prayers.
Ok, I guess by my bantering I have come to realize…it is time to turn off the News for awhile and allow my brain to saturate songs of Praise so that I will not be awaken at 1:15am. Thanks brain. I get it.
BREAKING NEWS….after counting my blessing and going back to sleep I awoke this morning to find a wonderful email in my inbox from Joe White of Kanakuk Camps. In his email I found these words “News can consume our lives. The remote is just a reach away. We are to remember that which “fills my thoughts” fills my heart. That, which fills my heart, fills my life. –Amazing, that this was in my email. I get it brain. But more importantly I GET IT GOD! (( Hugs until next time ))
Labels:
Brain Freeze