Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Going the Distance

It is 11:22pm. What??? Why am I unable to sleep??? Why does the statement of “going the distance without becoming distant” keep playing over and over in my head?? It would be better if it was a song, but it is not. It is just a statement. I pray for clarity and just felt an overwhelming need to turn the light on and grab my pen and paper to begin writing. So here I sit at 11:30pm at night, wide awake (but groggy from the non-clear; bad grammar statement being played over and over in my head.) What does it mean? Is it an oxy-moron? Am I the moron who just can’t figure it out? Is this God’s way of telling me that by becoming “distant” to others in fellowship that I am making my own struggle to go the “distance” in my walk with Him? WOW---- I think I just answered my own question!! I AM THE OXY MORON!! I am a moron for not coming clean with my sensing that by not fellowshipping with others, I become less able to defend myself from things around me. I have become the sheep that is slowly taking steps away from the herd and by doing so, I become vulnerable. Don’t misunderstand me, I have not been pulling away from my intimate relationship with God, but my relationship with the fellowship of others. We can sometimes get so caught up in our own “time capsules” of this world that the distraction puts distance in our relationships with others who encourage us. My own distance from fellowship is keeping me from getting the additional nourishments that make up part of going the distance with God and what He has planned out for His Will on my life. Like a marathon runner needs that drink of water to “refresh” and keep on running. Fellowship is “refreshment” to us. Another example, like a burning coal that is alone grows colder instead of hotter. It needs other coals surrounding it to make the great fire! Fellowship is “more coals on the fire” to us. “Let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good words, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together.” Hebrews 10:24-25. So, bad grammar or not…I NEED to work on my “going the distance without becoming distant.” Keep me in your prayers! (( hugs until next time ))