Thursday, March 31, 2011

Misplace Something

Amongst the craziness of preparing for my things to do this next week I have continually misplaced things to only later relocate them again. Where is my keys; oh, there they are laying next to the recycling cans container (now there is a disaster in the making!) Where is the phone; oh, there it is where the remote to the TV should be and the remote where the phone should be! How did I not notice this? I shall admit to you, yes I did attempt to answer the remote when the phone rang (awe, come on, admit you have probably done that yourself!) THANK GOODNESS someone was smart enough to place one of those “phone locator” buttons on the answering machine for just this occasion! Through each day’s list of “to do’s”, I proudly checked each item off when completed. But at the end of the day I continually felt that I had overlooked something. What was it? I have everything officially checked off! Did I forget to return a friend’s call? NO, I have everything checked off! What is this sense in me that I have misplaced something or overlooked something or someone? Where’s a button to push for that?? As I was drinking my coffee and reading God’s Word this morning I came upon the scripture in Psalms 139:17, 18 and EVERYTHING came into prospective. “How precious it is, Lord, to realize that you are thinking about me constantly! I can’t even count how many times a day your thoughts turn towards me. And when I waken in the morning, you are still thinking of me!” THAT IS IT…there is my “locator button!” You see in all my “busy business” I was not returning my thoughts as frequently to God as I normally did. I was so busy making sure of things for family and friends, I forgot one friend who I hadn’t paid as much attention to-God. Sure I was praying and talking to him each morning and evening, but not so much throughout the day. He was thinking of me, but I had “misplaced” him a little and that feeling in me was nudging in me how my relationship was missing him. Like a close friend when they leave for vacation or move way, you have that “missing feeling” for awhile until you see them again. That was my answer…my missing thing was the closeness in my relationship with him throughout the day!! In His loving kindness ways, he was patiently waiting for me to “be still” long enough to hear his voice. Now where are those keys??? ((hugs until next time.))