Saturday, May 14, 2011

Check the Obvious

I cannot take credit for the following, but it is something I have read in scripture and I remember the way David McCasland w/Our Daily Bread's past posting of the subject just seemed so profound in simple words. "When our body, cars, computers, etc give us trouble we try to look for the obvious in what might be wrong. And when we go to the doctor, auto mechanic and computer techs they begin to "check the obvious." Why don't we make that a routine in our daily life? " "Checking for the obvious" in our daily spiritual life in Col 3:12-17 speaks of "compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience, forgiveness, love, and thankfulness." Before criticizing the church or other people, we need to look within our own self and ask the Lord to reveal our own shortcomings. Prior to ripping out the wires of relationships, we should see if patience are connected to our own heart! It is good to look inside our heart-check the obvious first-EVEN when it feels like our own troubles are caused by someone else. I am only human and stumble on my walk with God. I find myself getting frustrated with those who choose to think that it is "their church" "their religion" that will make it to heaven. WE EACH have our own responsibility and accountability to search for wisdom and be all that Col.3:12-17 says to be. Even if it was not followed not by just Christians but society in a whole, what a much more Beautiful Place we would live in today! ((Hugs until next time))