Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Appearances

I attended a Beth Moore bible once and a topic that hit home with me was from the scripture "Do not look at his appearance or his stature, because I have rejected him. Man does not see what the Lord sees, the man sees the visible, but the Lord sees the heart." 1Samuel 16:7. I have never really been one to look more at appearances; rather I look at people's actions more. I guess you could say I am a "people watcher." Outer appearances can be easily changed, but it is the inner actions of someone that tells the bigger story. Where their heart is. Although sometimes judging someone by their actions can be deceptive because they might be just having a really bad day or just informed of some bad news. I never was interested in guys for their looks, I was more interested in my common interests with that person, but that is getting off the subject. Don't get me wrong, I would not be human if when I met someone who was unkept that the thought of their choice of cleanliness did not cross my mind. But it should never stop us from getting to know the "heart" of that person So, next time you are standing in that long line making that purchase, go ahead and "people watch." You will be surprised to what you thought was a "pretty package" really isn't so pretty at all. May the Lord help you to look past the appearance but to look at the hearts of others. ((Hugs until next time))