Women of all types of faith who need encouragement from each other. All women have life journeys...and each journey has mountains and valleys. It is by sharing these journeys that women really do help each other. God's in control and we just muddy up things from time to time! He must have really gotten a few laughs and tears about some of my journeys---but through it all, He has never left me.
Thursday, May 19, 2011
Choose Him
God is Good! You may say, "Well, that is easy for you to say, try life in my shoes." Well, the Bible certainly does not guarantee anyone to have a "bliss life" full of just moments on the mountaintops. We all experience the "rock and the hard place moments and the falling from the mountaintops into those valleys of life." It is what we choose to put our sights on during those hard times that make the difference. It is our ACTIONS or REACTIONS to the circumstances laid out before us that makes all the difference.
God wants us to CHOOSE HIM to comfort us, CHOOSE HIM to give us the strength to carry us through those times. CHOOSE HIM to guide us on to the right paths. I am still learning to not try to figure out and try to "fix" everything on my own. It usually works out that it is when my choice was not to CHOOSE HIM first...that I usually need a mop to clean up the mess I created.
When we CHOOSE HIM to guide us through, He never ceases to amaze us with the outcome HE CHOOSES FOR US! When we CHOOSE HIM it allows HIM to be Glorified and Praised. When we CHOOSE HIM it humbles us by HIS love for each of us. It also allows us to have such a testimony to share with others. It makes for Testimonials that encourage others.
I might not always CHOOSE HIM immediately every time...but when I do words cannot describe the feelings and of my own visualization of me as a child running into my Lord's lap and His loving embrace that I receive immediately. His words of comfort, guidance, peace and love that He has to offer if you just only CHOOSE HIM. (( hugs until next time ))
Labels:
Choose Him