Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Coincident?

Do you believe in coincidences? I use to. Boy looking back, WAS I A DUMMY!! It was not until I came back to God that I realized, there are NO coincidences. Our lives are made up of God's plan and our choices. As Christians, we have no "free pass" to not be tempted in situations. God allows us to be tempted (sometimes it it because there is something in our hearts that needs to be exposed.) BUT God is never the Tempter! I have a wonderful dear friend who made me a firm believer of the scripture in 2 Chronicles 16:9. "For the eyes of the Lord search back and forth across the whole earth, looking for people whose hearts are perfect for him, so that he can show his great power in helping them." It is NO COINCIDENT when you bump into someone in need, or see something that needs an act of kindness or the outreach of a human hand. God puts people in and out of our lives for reasons that we are not aware of most of the time. Sometimes we can look back and have an "AAHA!" moment and see His fingerprints over the situation. And sometimes those "AAHA" moments show missed opportunity to do God's work. So how about it, look around...those what seem to be "coincidences" in your life..can you see God's hand in it? Sometimes..they are His gentle nudges and sometimes they may be to discipline us...but whatever they are...they are not coincidences.