Women of all types of faith who need encouragement from each other. All women have life journeys...and each journey has mountains and valleys. It is by sharing these journeys that women really do help each other. God's in control and we just muddy up things from time to time! He must have really gotten a few laughs and tears about some of my journeys---but through it all, He has never left me.
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
To Soar
Hello ladies! I hope you each enjoyed your Mother's Day weekend! I think one of the hardest jobs is to be a mom. We share heartaches and joys with our children, watching them make choices not always so right. We can only guide them and prepare them for the day they leave the nest. I can only imagine how it would feel to push a baby bird out of the nest at an altitude of 30 feet and hope it flaps it's wings to fly and one day soar. I sat outside for a while Saturday just enjoying looking up in the sky and watching the martin birds soar overhead. As I sat there staring up I observed their love of soaring high then diving low. Every once in a while a few buzzards would glide by. (I live in the country.) I thought of how that is how life is. We soar at the top of the mountains and sometimes we dive low into the valleys. And through both occurrences there are buzzards who are waiting and watching for their reward if we make a deadly mistake. That is like our Christian walk. We are given mountain tops and valleys and Satan is always watching, hoping that we do not put our thrust in God.
I left the last posting of how I ended my first marriage. I then transferred to another job to leave behind my heartache. I found a adorable house to rent close by my new job. I dove into my new job responsibilities at work and home.
There was a time period that the "adorable" home became a death trap for me. It was winter time and I had been ill for a week and not getting any better. With working with doctors all day you would think I would be more receptive to going to the doctor when I was ill. But no. I did not go in because I just assumed I had the flu. When it had been a week since I could not go in to work and I seem to be getting worse I finally called my mom. I told her that I seem to be unable to shake the flu and was too ill to drive myself so maybe if she could, she could take me to the doctor the next day. I also told her how cold I was and I thought something might be wrong with the gas heater and asked her if she could send my father over to look at it but that he would need to use the spare key I gave them to let himself in, I was too sick to get up.
Dad came over a short time after and when he opened the door he said it took his breath away.
He immediately went into my bedroom and got me up and sat me outside the house. I did not know what was going on until he started to raise all the windows and open all the doors.
The house was so full of carbon gas from the leak of the gas furnace. I had been absorbing it and it making me ill while I just thought I had the flu. Days later when I began to feel better I met the owner back at the house. He was so upset and happy that nothing had happen to me and he began removing things from the wall to show me the difference of wall colors from the carbon. I was so astonished. I could not believe that I had not just drifted off to sleep and died.
The owner sent a fire recovery team out to clean all my belongings and the house. Everyone could not believe that I was still alive. How could I have managed to get any good oxygen in my lungs to keep me alive. Carbon is a silently deadly killer it slowly takes your life.
I look back now and realize now what I did not then. God was with me. Even if I was not back in the "plum line" of my walk in faith. He had His angels looking over me.
He is an AWESOME GOD. He knew He had a plan for my life...A PURPOSE for me to live. I would not know that purpose for many years to come.
After the incident, I recovered and dove into building my career. Single and once divorced and still not in the "plum line" of God's Best for me. Again I was given the " Y " in the road and I did not choose the best path for me. God still had lessons for me to learn. He wanted me fly in His Glory, but I just did not "flap my wings" and the buzzards stayed close, watching me, hoping that they would get the chance to reap benefits from my demise.
Life went on. My career continue to build......I thought I was in control. (hahaha...oh was I soooo wrong.)
Ladies, take time to look back over your life. Be grateful for the good experiences as well as the lessons learned in the bad. The buzzards will always circle, looking, waiting...we MUST continue moving. I am so humbled by all the times God saved me. He was always there. Waiting for my return. I am so humbled and full of sorrow for never running to Him, but continued to turn my back on Him. So as our Heavenly Father, He saw that I was not learning...and it was time to teach me in a different way. Maybe my grace was that I was never a "bad" person and I did have such a heart for helping others, that God felt there was still hope for me. Hope that I would make the right decision to soar with Him.
((hugs to each of you.)) As we are Mother's to teach and prepare our children for life...so is our Heavenly Father. He teaches, prepares and loves us so. He so wants us all to SOAR with Him!