Wednesday, May 9, 2007

The Long Walk not knowing who was beside me...

It was 2 years later that I experienced God's hand in my life again. Regretfully, it was a similar scenario with the same young man that I had given up so much for. I was in a club and we had a horrible fight. I stormed out and began walking. I was not walking towards home, which was about 15 minutes from there...No, I began walking to the same church, which was over 20 miles away. I walked along the side of the interstate, in the dark, in high heels and crying. I remember struggling as to why I had an urge to keep walking forward to the church. I was not even sure if they still kept the doors unlocked anymore. As I was walking there was a car that kept slowing beside me and a man who kept urging me to get in so that he could give me a ride to my destination. I kept telling him "no" and he would go up to the next exit and somehow end back behind me again, pleading me to get in because it was too dangerous for me to be walking alone. Again and again, I told him "no!" This went on for many miles, and it was not until I was at the church that I no longer saw him. I went in and sat again, in the back of the church. With my feet with blisters and eyes swollen from all the tears I felt safety, just sitting there in peace. As I sat there, as before the same sweet woman came out of the prayer room and walked directly up to me as if she had been waiting for me. She counseled me and again told me that God had a plan for my life. We wept and prayed together. And again, I made promises to God. It was a few years after this incident that I happen to be watching the news and the main story was on a man who was stalking women up and down the very same interstate that I was walking on that night. He would offer the women rides and then once he got them in the car he would kill then. When the man's face appeared on the screen I KNEW. I knew that God was right there with me as I was walking that night because it was the same man who had urgently requested me to get into the car with him. His face is still etched in my mind today. He was caught and found guilty for tens of women he had murdered. He is no longer alive, dead for his murders. "For he orders his angels to protect you wherever you go." Psalms 92:11, Living Bible So ladies, God did have a plan for me. He again showed me and again I made promises to Him in the moment that I did not keep. Oh, as I stated before,how I feel such sorrow knowing that my Heavenly Father was there with open arms to protect His child....I ran to those arms and received His protection and love and forgiveness and then only to discard those moments later and go back to my old life my old ways of the world. How Christ must have wept. As a mother, I know now how it feels to bail my child out of when she is hurt or in trouble and then to only watch her go back to her old ways. It hurts and it is so frustrating. As you continue to read this blog, you will see how our loving Father forgave me, but he also disciplines me for my actions, just as a parent does. I may have many battle scars from my trials that I placed upon myself, but I am so grateful for the experience of each. If it was for me to go through these hard times in my life to help another beautiful woman in pain and in similar circumstance...then it made it all worth while. My only regret...is that knowing that I hurt my loving Heavenly Father over and over. Those are the feelings that keep me humble. Until next time...(( hugs )) to each of you beautiful women. Remember, God loves you.