Monday, May 7, 2007

Loss of Pitch

Hello again. I really did not know what I wanted to blog about today. But does it really matter what I want. I say a prayer each time before I sit here to begin creating my posting..I depend on the Lord to lead me in the direction He wants me to go with the blog. Before I start todays blog I wanted to add something I forgot to mention yesterday. I wanted to let you know that I hold strong to the belief that God choses each of us before we are ever born. When my sweet mother was with child (me) she experience a severe loss in her life, her mother died a few weeks before I was born. I truly believe that the good Lord gave me to my mother when He knew she would need me the most. He later did this again for my mother with her first and only grandchild when my brother passed away. The Lord knows what we need and when we will need it before we are ever born. So why is it that we continue to muddy things up by thinking we are in control and know what is best for us? Because we are human. We make mistakes when we come off His path that He has chosen for us. I left you yesterday with me still in my teens. I remember there was one evening where my father and brother was in a horrible argurment and it left my father injured, bleeding and slumped on the floor. I remember seeing my brother pick up a coke bottle and break it over my father's head. My mother was crying and immediately began praying while I ran into the far end of the house and locked myself up in the bathroom. I was screaming and crying, in my thought process I thought that one of the two would not come out alive. I am not sure how long I was in there, I do know that I screamed with such force for that period of time that I have never recovered my singing voice again. What once was a voice who sang in all the choirs and even on a recorded album through the High School Choir can no longer carry a pitch. But I think that now God still smiles at me and is happy with my not so polished vocals. If it had not been for my brother injuring my father that night and my father going to the hospital for scans, we would have never known that my father had a tumor on his brain that needed to be removed immediately. That tumor had been growing for years and we were told that it was at a point that my father should have been passing out and in a coma. So you see, God's hand was in this. It may have been a horrible occurrance, but it saved my father's life. We never know why at the time...but eventually God allows us to have later in life those "ahha" moments. Those moments for a little insight and evidence that He was there with us. Until tomorrow...may you be blessed and be a blessing to others. (( hugs ))